*posts may contain affiliate links. learn more
As many of you know I sell regular household items on eBay and that’s how I make my living. If you’re looking to make some extra money this holiday season.
Why not sell off some of the stuff you don’t use anymore that’s just laying around the house?
Here’s my list of 7 household items to sell for extra money and places to sell it.
Household Items That Sell Easily
There are various ways you can sell your items and I’ll get to that in a minute. First, let’s get a box and take a tour around your house to see what we can find that is sellable.
- Used Kitchen Items- Such as coffee mugs that are in good shape, especially if they have a theme to them such as Disney characters or from movies or tv shows. Dinnerware with a fun pattern, kitchen utensils of nice quality, or brand name. I do very well with kitchen gadgets too. I try and pick out easy items to ship in the mail.
- Used Clothing- I sell a lot of men’s clothing, guys hate to shop. It’s easy for them to jump online and grab a shirt rather than going to the store and pick up something. If you have kids, you can group outfits by size and bundle them together. These sell really well. Be sure the clothes are in top-notch condition, anything with stains or damage shouldn’t be sold.
- Used Toys- This can be a big seller. My kids are grown, but if you have grandkids or your kids are still small, the toys they no longer play with are sellers. Like I said before make sure they are in working condition and in good shape with no damage. Puzzles, games, and Lego’s are really great sellers.
- Used bedding- You would be amazed at how well bedding sells, especially children’s sets, even curtains with a theme do really well. Sheets, pillowcases, and bed skirts are great sellers. Even throw pillows with a theme. Area rugs are a great seller and throw blankets.
- Used living room items- Throw pillows and area rugs with a theme like Disney are a big hit. Baskets and decor items are great sellers. Clocks and desktop items like snow globes and earth globes are great and very collectible some are worth hundreds of dollars.
- Used bathroom items- Themes sell well, so if you’ve just redone your bathroom in a new theme, you can bundle the old stuff together and sell it. Kids’ bathroom items are also great sellers. Bath towels, beach towels are great as well. Be sure they are in great condition.
- Used holiday items- These are always great sellers for me. I sell ornaments one and a time and they do really well on eBay. People are looking for that one item, they don’t want to sift through a bunch of stuff. Christmas items sell year-round. Ornaments, garland, holiday decor items for the kitchen, living room and bedroom also sell great.
So how did you do? Did you find a box full of stuff to sell?
Now Where To Sell This Stuff?
I sell mostly used stuff online and have made a good living doing it. I paid off all my credit card debt just selling used items on eBay and I’ve been doing this now for 12 years! Hard to believe it!
It’s really not hard, and if you need money fast, then sell off some of your stuff. This is when you have plenty of stuff around the house comes in handy. The minimal lifestyle is for the birds. It’s nice to be able to sell something when times are hard. Then when they are good again you can buy a better quality item.
I’ve sold sewing machines, knitting machines, sock machines, craft items when I needed money. Then bought better ones when I had plenty of money. I’ve sold coins that we stockpiled when times were bad, then bought more when the prices were low so I’ll have money when I get old.
But my main income is going to thrift shops and yard sales and picking up little items here and there. Nothing special in these items, just everyday old tools, vintage kitchen items, you name it and I’ve sold it.
If I can do it you can do it!
Where I Sell My Items Online?
I sell on eBay with my household items. eBay has a phone app that’s easy to take pictures and list right from your phone. The app is not everything you need. You will need a computer or at least an iPad to do business. The app is not enough to do business on. You will need to log into your account to do daily business.
I make a good living selling my junk online and it would be easy for you to make some extra money to pay some bills or buy something big you’ve been wanting, just by selling off some of your old stuff. Things you would have taken to the Goodwill. I get a lot of GREAT stuff at Goodwill.
You can also sell on Facebook. I’ve not tried it myself. But others have done well with it. You can either ship the item to the person or meet them. That’s a little bit of a problem for me. I don’t want to waste my whole day waiting on a person, and who knows what kind of person you going to meet. I would rather ship the item to that person. It’s not as hard as you would think and you can get all your boxes free from the post office.
If you would like to learn how to sell on eBay. I can help you get started. I’ve helped many people over the years. It’s rather addicting when you buy something for less than a dollar and you sell it for $100. It’s amazing!
I hope you enjoyed my article on 7 Household items to sell for extra money. I hope this inspires you to pick out some things around the house and sell them for some extra income for the holidays.